Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: i cried too
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=18471&mesg_id=18513
18513, RE: i cried too
Posted by janey, Tue Aug-07-01 11:47 AM
There were a couple of moments that really got to me. When Seymour is so caught up with Dana that he turns away from Enid, and she has to ask to be let in to his apartment or like that one moment where she says to him, "Aren't you going to ask how I'm doing?" And that really got me because, you know, what a horrible moment for her, how much of a loser do you have to be to have your friendship rejected by a loser? That poor thing. That made me rethink some stuff in my own life.

There were just a lot of real emotions and a lot of truth in that movie.

Hey, Damali, thanks, by the way, for your kind words above. I always wish that someone would read what I write and respond by saying, whoa, you are sooooo far off the mark with that, or yeah, I saw that too and I thought.... or something. I know that I have a tendency to write like I think I'm writing the Truth or something, but in reality my greatest ambition is to spark dialogue.

Peace.

In the end the Earth just keeps on turning every day, and no one knows when it's going to stop, or why it's heading for the Sun. (c) Roy

Language is like a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the stars to pity. (c) Gustave Flaubert

We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars. (c) Oscar Wilde