Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: confession
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=18471&mesg_id=18511
18511, RE: confession
Posted by janey, Tue Aug-07-01 11:53 AM
Yeah, I get kind of sad whenever I see movies in which someone is being really self-revelatory and really exposing themselves to potential humiliation or humbling or rejection, irrespective of what response they get. I think sometimes that the bravest thing we can do is simply to be honest.

I think it has a connection with that business with the Illeana Douglas character and what she says about not being afraid to raise difficult issues or use unpopular images. Or maybe that's a nice way to intellectualize the issue and therefore create distance. Anyway, yeah, I've become a big crybaby. Next thing you know I'll be crying at those commercials for cotton or long distance on TV.

Peace.

In the end the Earth just keeps on turning every day, and no one knows when it's going to stop, or why it's heading for the Sun. (c) Roy

Language is like a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the stars to pity. (c) Gustave Flaubert

We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars. (c) Oscar Wilde