Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: Mulholland Drive
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=17691&mesg_id=17718
17718, RE: Mulholland Drive
Posted by guest, Mon Oct-29-01 05:20 AM
I had the opportunity to see it lastnight. Let me start by saying the only reason I went was because the girl that invited me is cute. Other then her, I had no expectations for this movie. I may have watched Twin Peaks once or twice when it was on t.v. So I went into this one blind. Overall, I thought it was hilarious......especially the love scene when Bettie asked Rita if she'd ever done it w/ a girl before & she says "I don't remember". That was worth the trip to the movies for me. Other then that, I found it hard to follow at some points. But as soon as I gave up trying to make sense out of the thing, it became enjoyable. David Lynch has issues.

"we play music - to touch people. Make people happy. Inspire. It has nothing to do with hotel rooms being ready, flights being cancelled, long overnight bus or van rides, etc. People who pay money to hear us play don't want to hear about that. They just want to feel better when they hear us play. This is the number one thing I tell every young student I meet. Young musicians have a tendency to be too idealistic. Some older ones, too. Too wrapped up into who's the "hippest," etc. Utimately, the scales and solos we learn MUST be filtered into pure emotion. Break down the wall and let God play us"-Christian McBride