Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: Mulholland Drive
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=17691&mesg_id=17717
17717, RE: Mulholland Drive
Posted by djrav, Fri Oct-26-01 09:27 PM
Brilliant movie! I highly recommend it. Let yourself just get into the story....then worry about analysing it on the drive home.

Favourite part of seeing this on the big screen:

1. At the beginning, when the 2 old people from the airport are sitting in the taxi cab and are just smiling at each other, the girl beside me just started cracking up for about 4-5 minutes. She couldn't stop, and was holding her stomach and all...and after she finally stops, she turns to me to say "well, that scene alone was worth the damn $8!"

2. Watching 4 kids sneak in from another movie about 1 hour and 20 minutes into it and thinking to myself "these kids are going to be so lost!" Then, when exiting, hearing one of those kids say "Man, I swear to god I was on acid, cause I don't know what the fuck just happened to me for the past hour!" ;-)

3. Watching about 6 of the 20 people in the theatre leave at random times after the first hour shaking their heads. Then, watching about 6 of the remaining 14 get up after the movie and saying "that was so stupid!" while the other 8 just sat in their seats with big grins on their faces.