Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectyou can't exploit the willing
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=15799&mesg_id=15834
15834, you can't exploit the willing
Posted by Hot_Damali, Tue Apr-02-02 04:01 AM
Halle fought for that role. Even the director did not want to cast her cuz he felt she was "too pretty"..she argued that pretty women go thru hard times too..they get evicted from apartments, they experience personal tragedies...

and she had a good point. why stereotype and say so-called downtrodden people can only look a certain way?

fuck exploitation..hollywood doesn't GIVE people parts. Halle gets scripts, reads them, and chooses the ones she wants to tackle for her own reasons. Maybe she knew people like you would be all upset and dammit maybe that's exactly what she wanted.

More power to her.

d

"If you don't believe in miracles, you're not a realist" - Billy Wilder

I'm the artist formally known as Beck. I have a genius wig. When I put that wig on, then the true genius emerges. I don't have enough hair to be a genius. I think you have to have hair going everywhere." - Beck

They aren't ready for me. I'd give them too much "realness". I would have spent all 5 months in drag." - HotThyng76, on the Real World casting directors

Sat 12-2am WBAI 99.5FM in NY

Pandemonium Wreckordz New York
Be on the look out.