Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: question - *SPOILERS*
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=14240&mesg_id=14275
14275, RE: question - *SPOILERS*
Posted by Nettrice, Tue Jul-16-02 04:38 AM
>Why did they go back to the house?

After Sullivan killed his "father" and "brother" he may have figured that there was no more danger. I don't think he realized Law was still alive and after him, esp. after the shoot out in the hotel room. The beach house was a logical place since they had no other place to go.

>Who DIDN'T know he was going to die while looking out the
>window?

I knew he was going to die when the dog ran out and no one else came.

>Son sees his father nearly dead, with the killer in his
>face, and a gun in his hands.....and still CAN'T shoot?
>errrrr

I was in a similar situation when I was 12 and had a gun in my hand, the gun went off by accident and the bullet went into a wall before I aimed at her but I couldn't shoot again. I realized then that I would never use a gun again. I would never put myself in a situation where I had to use a gun. Little Michael Sullivan must have realized that he was not going to be like his father, that fear and hate would not rule him the way it did the others. The cycle of violence ended with him...it was over.

Also, Sullivan was living a life that would end in hell, or death. Live by the gun die by the gun. Little Michael decided that he would live a different life. He made a choice...his father's sacrifice opened a door to allow him to make that choice.

>the ending makes my nerves hurt the more i think about it.

I loved the ending, esp. how the kid took control of his life and his destiny.