Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRoad To Perdition
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=14240&mesg_id=14240
14240, Road To Perdition
Posted by DubSpt, Fri Jul-12-02 04:43 PM
I saw this movie tonight, and I must say it was quite good. I really liked to see it, and Tom Hanks was excellent as I cannot recall when the last time (if ever) that I have seen him be dark. Also, I was quite astonished at the skill of the kid who plays his son, he was excellent. Paul Newman, shit you know he was good, he is Paul Newman. And the guy who played his son was damn creepy ( I cant remember the actors name off the top).
Now the story: OK, I liked it but lets face it, it wasnt try to have all kinds of twists, so if you are one of those people who predict movies all the time, you should be able to peg this one pretty quickly. It makes no bones as to what will happen, but the road to it is quite good. Frankly, I didnt like that they made an actual town in the movie be named "Perdition", it kind of made it seem like they were dumbing it down so people would think it really just meant they were on the road to this town (which they were). If you dont know the meaning go to a dictionary.
Anyways, all in all I really liked this movie and would definitely recommend it.