Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: see...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=13074&mesg_id=13093
13093, RE: see...
Posted by Remedial, Mon Oct-21-02 08:04 AM
>that's the thing, there's nothing really to figure out in
>this movie. i don't know, maybe its just the way i see the
>movie, but everything you need to know is presented right in
>front of you.

Well, I can understand your view. Movies meen different things to different people. But I just the change in the tone of the movie was drastic. Felt like dude was trying to make a mystery, and then just got fed up and said: "Yo, why don't we throw them for a real curve." It's like it was plodding along and then just jumps to hyper speed at the drop of the dime. It just goes to this alternate universe and starts racing without giving you time to let the change simmer. I'm sorry mehn, maybe I need to be a real movie aficionado to appreciate this, but if I ever reach that level, I'm still gonna hate it. Tell you one thing, won't be watching any Lynch flicks again. Just seems like he's being weird for the sake of being weird. I place him in the same category as those other directors who have random acts of violence and sex that really have nothing to do with anything but then try to make it seem like those scenes should appeal to your emotions. Like: "That scene with all of the underaged kids participating in an orgy is to show how society forces kids to express themselves in unhealthy ways due to that fact that they don't have a voice in this country." No, you're just a sick fuck who did it for the shock value. Kind of how I feel about Larry Clark and Harmony Korine (although I like Kids), but some of the stuff is just too far-fetched. But I digress, because that's a whole other post.