Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectKevin Smith
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=12051&mesg_id=12057
12057, Kevin Smith
Posted by Mynoriti, Tue Dec-17-02 06:26 PM
However as I write this I realize I really dont have much desire to see Jersey Girl but chances are Ill give it a chance. He's not a great filmaker but his films (to me) are all entertaining and funny as hell

Tarantino - Regardless of how derivitive he is, you can always count on his films to be very entertaining

Alexander Payne - I havent seen Citizen Ruth but just going off Election and About Schmidt I will see anything he puts out until I get a lemon

The Coen Brothers - I havent LOVED every movie theyve put out but the ones I dont love, I still like

PTA - He's not perfect but he hasnt let me down yet

Martin Scorsese - Well, because he's Martin Scorsese! If I cant take a chance on Marty then who can I take a chance on?

Wes Anderson - So far so good

Didnt quite make the cut -

Steven Soderbergh - I liked Out of Sight, I really liked The Limey, I loved Traffic, Brocovich?... Ehh, I didnt like Oceans Eleven at all (I know its just supposed to be a fun popcorn heist movie, I still thought it sucked ass), I had no desire to see Full Frontal and I refuse to see Solaris until I see the original (I just recorded it).

Brian Depalma - Seems to be taking a nose dive

Spike Lee - Depends on the film

As far as actors, I have my favorites but I cant think of any actor that Id watch a film just because theyre in it. Though I do like both Vince Vaughn/John Favreau flicks (Swingers/Made)