Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectI LOVED IT!!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=11959&mesg_id=11983
11983, I LOVED IT!!!!
Posted by DawgEatah, Mon Jan-06-03 11:50 AM
This movie is NOT for everyone. This much is true. It is hard for me to pull myself out of my movie-nut-turned-wannabe-filmmaker skin and figure out if anyone who isn't like me or is outside of the film industry will like this film. I can do it with films like "State & Main" and "Swimming with Sharks" with ease, but Adaptation was so freakin enjoyable to me, it is too hard for me to not just say "GO SEE THIS MOVIE!"

I went into this film knowing nothing about it, other than the cast, writer and director. I am a huge fan of Being John Malkovich, so knowing Kaufman and Jonze were involved was enough to make this a must-see. And I like that I had no expectations. It worked out well this way.

As far as people hating on Nic Cage and Meryl Streep. They do a great job. Yeah they have made a lot of bad movies, but let's not forget the talent. They are both extremely gifted actors. So they make bad choices. Well working on this film was a good choice! Cage plays the twins masterfully. I forgot it was the same actor quickly and immediately bought into their unique and seperate personalities. Streep is great too. As is the Orchid Hunter guy (Forgive me for forgetting his name--- Chris Cooper?).

Anyway, there is not other film like this one in the history of film and i think it is definitely worth watching. Quite an accomplishment. I give it two thumbs way up. Like homeboy said above, people need to be raising the bar and pushing the envelope and Kaufman & Jonze take the bar and envelope, break them into small pieces, and start a 4 alarm fire with them.

In other words - I liked it.

Every battle is a chance to see another cat lose to me/I don't write battle raps. I write eulogies. ~Blueprint

Every dog has his day, and even more so in rhymin'/So I decided that I'd never play the fire hydrant. ~Blueprint