Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectnah, it's just that Hollywood made some decent flicks this year
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=117560&mesg_id=117576
117576, nah, it's just that Hollywood made some decent flicks this year
Posted by benny, Sat Mar-05-16 06:40 PM
>but i'm
>proud of us for moving away from the snob circle jerk and
>awarding films that actual people have actually seen.

you do realize you're being just as elitist with your reasoning as the one you ascribe to so called arthouse snobs? I don't care what other people watch as long as I can have access to a diverse slate of movies, but there's nothing inherently better about recognizing tentpole filmmaking if those movies don't come correct. When they do, people notice, is all. Still a looot of trash put out by Hollywood (a good example being the steaming pile of turd that the Bond franchise has become), and still many "artsy", mostly foreign, movies being ignored because they're not as accessible. It goes both ways, and ideally awards recognize that. I feel like the Lattes did that this year, which is awesome.
Btw I had most of my picks ready to go on Google Drive but missed the deadline because I'm an idiot. Hopefully next year I'll join in the fun and we'll have lots to celebrate, with movies big and small.