Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectFox and Sony should be beating down Marvel's door for help at this point
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=117319&mesg_id=117470
117470, Fox and Sony should be beating down Marvel's door for help at this point
Posted by Cold Truth, Sun Aug-03-14 02:19 AM
They should be begging Marvel to partner in future films for the properties they own the film rights to. Marvel has so badly outclassed everyone else in their field it's embarrassing. Frankly, I'm not sure how anyone can catch up. Spiderman and X Men might well print money themselves, but the quality of those films isn't even close.

Anyhow

Pratt's career is about to blow up in a big way. I'll probably get laughed off OKP for saying this, but I think he just became the second most important actor in the Marvel MCU after RDJ.

Rocket, Groot, and Drax were excellent supporting players who collectively stole this show. It seems people are gravitating to specific characters in the 'stole the show' category, but collectively they created something special. They all got their moment in the sun and hit home runs when that moment arrived. That's an impressive feat, considering nobody got a previous movie to establish themselves like the Avengers did.

This is going to hit big and gives them a viable second franchise line to run parallel to the Avengers line, because it easily rivals the Avengers in every way.