Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: Dope. Dude was born for this kind of role. He just oozes charisma.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=117319&mesg_id=117468
117468, RE: Dope. Dude was born for this kind of role. He just oozes charisma.
Posted by Voodoochilde, Sat Aug-23-14 01:21 AM
>For the record, I like Pine in that role. I like the
>chemistry between he and Quinto, which is important.>

me too, i actually thought Pine nailed a modern/classic Kirk without being a charicature. and as you said, the chemistry & connection with Quinto was tangible and felt genuine which was a BIG requirement for me as far as the extra specialness of Trek goes.

>
>I'm glad Pratt didn't that role, because he owned this shit
>the way RDJ owned Stark amd Jackman owned Wolverine. Like a
>glove. I think Marvel has done an amazing job in the casting
>department. To me Evans and Hemsworth will be difficult to
>replace when that inevitable time comes, but they're a shade
>below Pratt and RDJ IMO. I'd probably put Ruffalo ahead of
>them at this point. Again though.... all of Marvel's leads
>have been well cast.

yeah, Marvel nails casting for the most part don't they? hell, going back to Snipes as the re-envisioned Blade & Blade 2, that was on point for the era that it came out in. RDJ obviously cornered the market on Stark in Iron Man 1. Evans nails the delicate (& often surprisingly subtle) balance of Steve Rogers 'man lost in time in a modern world'. Ruffalo IS Banner and the Hulk for me, i LOVED his work in Avengers. (i actually want a mini-movie or mini series with Banner & Stark traveling the world hanging out, shooting the shit and just riffing. hell i'd go see that...they may not even have to 'suit-up' at all LOL!). Helmsworth's Thor is believable and yet grand at the same time. I cant wait for Rudds Ant Man. But yeah, to bring it back to Pratts Starlord...i agree, this guy seems MADE for THIS role specifically...very well done.