Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectReally fun. Gets better as it goes.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=117319&mesg_id=117426
117426, Really fun. Gets better as it goes.
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri Aug-01-14 01:09 AM
It really throws you in headfirst into this very different world, which is disorienting, but once the prison sequence starts, it pretty much holds you. This will probably be a movie that gets better with repeat viewings.

The one downside: the villain, Ronan, is the sort of one-note destroyer of worlds that Marvel's probably relied on one too many times at this point. Would've been nice to give him a bit more personality. I'd also have preferred more of the Gamora/Nebula stuff, though the movie's not about that relationship and I'd imagine we'll see more of it over time.

Brolin as Thanos is awesome. People will fall in love with Groot (rightly so) and Rocket (who is fun but will ultimately probably be overpraised), but for me, upon first viewing, Drax was a huge standout. Loved loved loved everything about Drax.

Interested to see how this holds up. I'm re watching Cap 2 soon, just rewatched Thor 2 and IM3... I wanna see the replay value over time. Should hold up though. Plenty funny, fast paced, and it looks gorgeous (probably the best looking Marvel film).