Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectLiked the movie, but it fell off some in the third act
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=117076&mesg_id=117305
117305, Liked the movie, but it fell off some in the third act
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Thu Mar-26-15 01:38 PM
The movie was well done like all of Nolan's movies, but I wish the movie was less about the metaphysics of physics than about the physics of metaphysics of love. That seemed to be a more intriguing idea to me, at least personally. The notion that love was the force which would have allowed for the success of the mission, over threat of loss (Cooper's family or Matt Damon's fear of loneliness. I guess it could be argued that both Cooper and Damon's character's fear attracted them to one another, but that idea wasn't explored.

It would have been interesting if Spielberg would have made this. I think he would have gotten the love story's angle across better.

The special effects were great. One thought. I think the time stretch idea could have been explained better through a visual - drawing or computer model. I liked that aspect of the story, but at times I wasn't able to keep track of the causes for the shifts in time.

The ending where Cooper goes to visit Branch was horrible. In other words, he spent the whole time trying to save his family, often times against their will, but can't stay until his daughter dies? And he goes to be with Branch without them having any real chemistry?

All in all a good movie. Probably the best sci-fi director in the biz right now. Will see his next movie sight unseen.