Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectMovie was torturous as it came to a close.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=117076&mesg_id=117289
117289, Movie was torturous as it came to a close.
Posted by PlanetInfinite, Tue Dec-02-14 11:36 AM
Probably the most "Nolan ass Christopher Nolan" movie in his body of work.

I don't know if it was because I just had dinner and was full or what but I was having a horrible time in that seat for the last hour.

It was gorgeous but at the end I was exhausted. Stumbling through that third act was brutal. By the end, I sat there and realized I had aged like bruh when they went down to that wave planet.

It didn't help that I had some woman directly behind me that cried LOUDLY during those father-daughter heartbreak moments. She was fucking blubbering, man. I did a full 180 to make sure she wasn't being physically abused or something. It was crazy how loud she was. My girlfriend loudly said (because IMAX is fucking loud anyway) "I HOPE SHE SHUTS THE FUCK UP SOON".

I wish Matt Damon was billed on this. Because when his face popped up on the screen everybody on the screen was like "Matt Damon?". It felt like those spoof clips they do for the MTV Movie Awards or something. Took me out of the whole experience, really.

Honestly I liked the world building and most of the first two acts until inconsequential Damon's character showed up. That third act totally ruined it for me. I would absolutely LOVE this flick if that third act wasn't so drawn out.

i'm out.