Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjecti get, but I don't get the special guest appearance hate (Spoilers)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=117076&mesg_id=117212
117212, i get, but I don't get the special guest appearance hate (Spoilers)
Posted by BigReg, Mon Nov-10-14 01:33 PM
Matt Damon comes in a long line of characters in space who end up sabatoging the mission...from Hal & Ian Holm all the way down to Fassbender acting weird as fuck in Prometheus. I thought it was a, for a lack of a better term, cute nod towards the space thriller/horror genre.

The problem was how badly Nolan easily telegraphed what was going to happen. I remember my reaction was like, "Oh shit, Matt Damon. Nice!" to a minute later. "oh, he's the crazy character thats gonna betray them all" the second he gave that half assed excuse about why he tore his robot apart. The actor playing the archtype was more of a surprise then the character itself

The character itself wasn't bad and it was nice to have a 'solid' badguy as opposed to a spreading dustbowl on earth or time constraints. I loved his, "How's your family" (c) Morris Day creepy taunts/inquiries while he left Mcconaughey to die. The movie needed him, he was just oddly written in.