Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subject(Q) how was it? (A): see 'me punching air' in IMAX theater...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=116900&mesg_id=116996
116996, (Q) how was it? (A): see 'me punching air' in IMAX theater...
Posted by Voodoochilde, Sat Jul-13-13 05:05 PM
...yeah...yeah...THAT was funfunFUN dammit!!!

simple as that. genuine fun. best time i've had at movies so far this summer by far.

and GORGEOUSly shot! whew that movie is GOOD LOOKING!

As is the adorable Rinko Kikuchi who played Mako...lovely...what red blooded fella wouldnt come outta this with a crush on her?

Idris held it down for sure, dude is a star any way you look at it. Charlie Day and Burn Gorman were good fun too. I thought the guy who played the Aussie pops did a good job as well.

best acting in my book goes easily to Mana Ashida...the young actress who plays young Mako. seriously, she nailed it in what screen-time she had...awesome.

Story was fine, not too heavy...but not too light either. it was...'just right' for what this movie is supposed to be ALL about pretty much...(which is, in my mind, a BIG old heap of Fun and Fantastic with just a dash of Fear)...it was supposed to spectacle to behold and it absolutely was....

...did i mention this was a gorgeous film to watch? (saw it in IMAX 3D btw....sound was mindblowing too )....

oh damn, i almost forgot...LOVED the 'theme' music too. i was humming that shit on the ride home...

big fun people, big fun....worth yer bucks for sure....