Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: Why 9/11 is in the film
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=11683&mesg_id=11688
11688, RE: Why 9/11 is in the film
Posted by jigga, Tue Jan-14-03 10:23 AM
Totally agree. Barry Peppers line about Bin Laden droppin another one next door and him still not movin was spoken like a true New Yorker.

This movie was excellent. Great cast and great performances. The movie goes thru a nice range of emotions. Usually no one can steal scenes from Norton or Hoffman but Pepper does in this movie. Dont get me wrong, Norton and Hoffman are still wonderful but IMO Pepper was excellent. From his hilarious opening scene @ his job 2 the finale w/ that pantented scowl he seems 2 own, he gave a top notch performance. His charater never beat around the bush he just came out and spoke his mind and didnt give a fuck. I loved it.

And I also enjoyed the ending. The whole flick I wanted 2 see Norton get outta the prison sentence one way or another as long as it wasnt death and especially not suicide.(*SPOILER*) I'm gonna choose 2 believe that his Dad did drive him 2 the desert 2 start a new life, altho the girl I saw it w/ was crying @ the end cuz she went w/ the notion that he was just dreaming and that eventually he gets dropped off @ the prison.

I'll definitly be seeing this one again...soon

BTW There is another post on this movie already but I figured what tha heck and had 2 respond after seeing the 9/11 comments