Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectThe film sucked. (SPOILERS AHEAD)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=116734&mesg_id=116832
116832, The film sucked. (SPOILERS AHEAD)
Posted by gluvnast, Sat May-04-13 11:58 AM
For Marvel Studios who prides themselves to remain true to the comic book as much as possible, this film really drops the ball 1st and foremost. The biggest epic fail is having what many considered Iron Man's biggest foe in the comic book and REDUCE him to be an absolute FRAUD, weak joking pawn.

Never mind in the 1st Iron Man film they were trying to build up to the Mandarin with the TEN RINGS terrorist organization being one of the central point of the film. Never mind the power of the rings or even the mention of the rings doesn't exist in Iron Man 3 because your so-called "greatest villain" isn't real in the 1st place.

And don't get me wrong, I am not one of those comic book fan-boys that expect the film and the comics should translate equally 100%. I mean, i didn't mind they misuse of Iron Patriot, or how huge of a role Aldrich Killian will have in the film, or even for him being the main villain controlling the Mandarin. But taking such an important character in the Iron Man universe and reduce him to that level is JUST THE SAME as taking BANE from the horrid "Batman and Robin" Joel Schumacher film and had him reduced to what he was in that particular film. It is unacceptable, especially with the rep that Marvel Studio has in remaining truthful with the character.

My next gripe to the reason why this film sucked it the fuckin' screenplay. Shane Black shouldn't of EVER had his hand in writing this piece of crap. The film didn't have no real plot or rhyme of reason at all to it! And in the end, as shown in the after credits, none of it mattered, it was only Stark telling Banner one of his crazy adventures. The key problem is what was Aldrich Killian's true motivations? It keeps changing up. If it was ONLY because he wanted to cover-up the explosions by creating a fake terrorist as responsible, it's still doesn't make a lot of sense in the bigger picture. You want to kill Tony Stark by shooting missiles to his place, but need Tony Stark to fix the extremist virus. You want the VP to become president in order to control your fake terrorist organization, but why the cover up in the 1st place? How would any of those human explosions can lead to you when there's never any evidence left behind? The whole villainous plot is a total mess to me and very unstable, I was never comfortable with the true motivations of the Villain. Nor could understand who and how he made his money if his lifetime goal was to sell his A.I.M. project.

Then the plot holes. And I mean REAL plot holes. For starters, how in the HELL Killian's goons was able to find him in the middle of NO FUCKIN' WHERE, TENNESSEE while the entire nation presumed for him to be DEAD? Or how in the hell his suit loses power when the POWER SOURCE is HIMSELF? Also, WHERE IN THE HELL IS S.H.I.E.L.D. in this? I mean, I can understand why the other avengers aren't in this one, presuming all of these adventures in phase 2 of the Marvel cycle are going on simultaneously, but this is the 1ST MARVEL Studio film in which S.H.I.E.L.D. is not shown, mentioned or even implied. Also, what was the POINT of the middle part of the film anyway? What was the point of the annoying little kid? It was clearly a lame filler portion of the movie that serves the film no purpose at all.

Finally, there are the things that maybe deemed as nit-picky, but it was too much annoying for me to enjoy. For starters, the so-called running gag of his armor falling apart. HIS INDESTRUCTIBLE ARMOR KEEP FALLING APART. Never mind the comics, but in his previous films, he was hit with missiles and a tank and ect, flew up a WORMHOLE with a NUKE on his back and FREE FELL FROM SPACE... granted the hulk caught him but still. i get that most of those suits were prototypes, but they HAD to been made out of SOMETHING, and it seemed like those damn suits were made out of TIN FOIL. Then Gwyneth Paltrow's role annoyed me to no end, only for HER to be the one to kill the main villain?? And the way she did it was lame as hell. I am sorry, many complained about Catwoman in TDKR coming in and killing BANE, but at LEAST we got to see Batman redeem himself in beating Bane in a fair one prior to that. But how this was handled really annoyed me to no end, it was bad enough to know there was no real mandarin to begin with.

In conclusion, the film sucked to me. The humor felt forced, the funniest parts end up being the scenes where it wasn't suppose to be funny. The film dragged in its pacing, albeit it was more action packed then parts I & II. Iron man was not in full IRON MAN mode not ONCE in this film. Iron Patriot was underused severely. It is sad that the best SCENE in the entire film was the saving those people from the sky scene. I mean, that was it.

I'm sorry, this is ONLY my opinion. Most of you may have loved it, but this movie was bad in my eyes.