Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectBecause that's clearly what I was getting at
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=116519&mesg_id=116683
116683, Because that's clearly what I was getting at
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jun-18-13 02:26 PM
You can break it down and discuss flaws. It's probably a good idea to make sure they're actual flaws though, and not an issue that's easily resolved by, you know, a little critical thinking. So much criticism is easily debunked. So much is rooted in "well I felt like....." as opposed to any logical connecting of dots.

So much of the criticism of THIS movie was rooted in what people wanted to see verses wether or not what they got was any good on it's own merits.

So much criticism of THIS movie was about rigid notions of what Superman is or isn't, largely based on a limited frame of reference that either ignore or was ignorant of the larger scope of the character.

But film criticism is flooded with hacks. Not all (Frank corrected me on that and I really couldn't argue with him) film criticism, mind you, but it's prevalent.

>In this version, I feel as if Clark wouldn't
>leave Ma Kent like that without her giving the push to go
>ahead.

There's a reasonable implication that it was the death of his father that spurred that journey. While I don't think it would have taken much for a 2 minute conversation where she does this, and do agree that such a scene would be nice, it's hardly vital. It may be vital to you, but that's awfully petty in the grand scheme of the movie. I can understand listing it as a minor gripe, but there's no consequence to this to have any real issue with it.