Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectehhh....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=116519&mesg_id=116611
116611, ehhh....
Posted by Voodoochilde, Sat Jun-15-13 07:57 AM
well, i've always been indifferent to Superman, so take that for what you will...

•The things i liked: the EARLY stuff, BEFORE he became Superman, i thought those little flashback clips of Clarks pre Supes development were the best parts of the film to be honest. they had a level mystery/discovery tension and emotional elements to them that, for me, the rest of he film just didnt for the most part. I also liked Amy Adams (but thats less about the movie, and more about her being so darned cute). Oh and the guy playing Superman LOOKED like superman to me. he looked the role of a superhero. i guess one more thing i liked was the 'color tones' of the film, especially in the flashback scenes....not quite black and white but color was pulled bak from those scenes which i thought gave a nice 'feel' to them.

The rest....
•script? corny. Yes i know Superman is/has pretty much ALWAYS been 'in the cornfields' more or less, so i guess i should have expected that. but i dont know, i guess i just felt like there were a lot of 'speeches' and 'quotes', and not so much enough believable dialogue? i was chuckling many times at stuff that probably wasnt intended to be funny.

•there was some cheese on the acting side, but that may have had more to do with the script than anything else.

•honestly, the REST of the film was loud. yup. that about sums it up for me...loud. there was a whole lot of fightin and explodin and crashin for sure. that can be a good thing or a bad thing. here it was mostly just noise for me. (audibly noisy and visually noisy)

•soundtrack felt a tad intrusive.

•there were several 'really??' moments for me. a few too many, EVEN for a movie about an alien dude who's indestructible and can fly....i could list them but i'm too tired and dont want to post any spoilers.

so....while i didnt hate it. i left with an 'ehh' feeling overall.

one thing wanna ask...my wife and i also kinda felt like there were at least a few action sequences/scenarios that felt pretty close to being rip offs of sequences from the Avengers in a way. Anyone else get any of that too or are we just biased cuz we liked Avengers so much?