Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectDammit...that was GOOD!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=116519&mesg_id=116554
116554, Dammit...that was GOOD!
Posted by Calico, Fri Jun-14-13 04:04 PM
...caught that noon "lemme leave work early" matinee

...i liked SOME of the Krypton stuff, but like someone else already said, even as a comics fan, most of the kryton stuff is really boring....Jor El, Lara, Zod etc are all great, but i think at the core, i hate the Kypton origin story....it's just SO stupid to me....i liked Jor El whooping Zod's ass tho, and Zod's general anger in contrast to Jor El's calm facing the same problems....oh and that flying creature was DOPE...

...i didn't like that they didn't explain how he knew where the Fortress was, or why he left his widowed mom, or how he even got THAT job at the Daily Planet (there is NO setup for why he would be able to get a real big city job like that), or how LOIS is the one to come with the plan to use the ship (how does she even really know what the ships can do??)...i also didn't get how people didn't connect the dots ( in the fictional world) after lois went to Clark's house, which has just been destroyed, and he's standing there in his kryto-grab and she's calling him by his goverment name...yelling it, even....

...all the fights were awesome to me, and i liked that Clark had anger issues for obvious reasons....

...i had a few issues with it, but otherwise it was REALLY well done....

...i liked Zod alot and felt like he made a fantastic foil....LOVED when he trained himself to handle the powers so quickly...at first i was a lil miffed at this learning rate, but then he basically explains it in their fight and it makes perfect sense....

...is Hamilton in the Phantom Zone???

...i DO think the cheesiest scenes came from the US general, but that actor is just kinda cheesy/hammy in all his roles so whatevs...