Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectNot bad but I shouldn't have seen this jet lagged
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=116519&mesg_id=116524
116524, Not bad but I shouldn't have seen this jet lagged
Posted by jigga, Tue Jun-11-13 10:35 AM
Better than Returns but I was still dozin off during a few of the action scenes towards the end

I felt the slower quieter moments worked better earlier or maybe I was just less tired then

Impressed w/ Cavill, Adams, Crowe, Cost & Fish...not so much w/ Shannon & Lane

As far as Zod & his crew, Shannon just couldn't match Stamp & them in Superman 2. I like the subdued Zod more than whatever Shannon was going for. A bad mix of overacting & phoning it in, the latter of which I would've never expected. Not sure the character suits his strong points.

The 1st half & closing scene has No!an's fingerprints all over it. It's Superman Begins all over again, & I dug it. Hanz Zimmer's score is very effective in these scenes as well.

The leash comes off in the 2nd half & Zack is clearly given free reign to do what he do when it comes to rampin up the action. It's not bad but it just got repetitive real quick. Since I couldn't care much about the villain, it just didn't have that great an impact for me. Reminded me of those huge scenes in The Avengers & Transformers 3 where there's so much sensory overload it kinda becomes overkill.

There were enough good moments to make me give it another shot once I'm well rested. The sequel should be interesting to see how they'll handle the more mundane Clark Kent stuff if they go that route from here on out. Glad that wasn't the focus this time right off the bat.