Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectCan't speak for Frank, but this is EXACTLY what I was referring to
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=116279&mesg_id=116374
116374, Can't speak for Frank, but this is EXACTLY what I was referring to
Posted by Brother Grifter, Wed Apr-09-14 09:19 AM

>. They
>deliberately chose that direction because grandpappy's
>boyscout iteration of Superman is honestly not going to cut it
>anymore. Those same writers could have easily taken a
>different path and simply chose not to.
>
>This notion that "Superman shouldn't/doesn't kill!" is
>antiquated.

DC/WB seemed to ignore the core of the character throughout the entire film. Brooding Clark. The color scheme. And, to cap it off, the final scene with Zod. it just felt like they tried to apply a Dark Knight template to Superman. Just didn't work for me. Two different characters.

Everything mentioned above, Cap as antiquated Boy Scout, was a huge argument against the character and Marvel chose to run with what makes Cap, Cap. He's gonna be that boys scout, look out for innocents and what not. But don't forget he is a SUPER soldier and can take out a gang of folks. Yes, he believes in America, but the idea of it (Freedom, etc) more than the actual government and following whatever they do.

Sidenote: along this point, they copped out by making all the bad elements Hydra instead of something that is a by product of the system.

This movie felt like a Cap movie. He's kicking ass and staying true to his moral center. Man of Steel did not feel like Superman. The Zod incident was just the final straw.

For me.