Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectIt literally brought MoS directly to my mind right after the film.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=116279&mesg_id=116371
116371, It literally brought MoS directly to my mind right after the film.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Apr-08-14 03:10 PM
And I know I'm in no way the only one who immediately thought of the Zod killing. Hence why I'm trying to talk my way through why it may have brought it to mind, whether it's more deeply steeped in my appreciation of this film's choices, my deep disappointment in MoS's choices, the parallel important decision to be made by both heroes regardless of character (kill or nah?), or some combination of all of these things.

Folks that dug the choice in MoS: I respect that. I personally felt it was unearned and it felt out of character, as if the writers needlessly wrote themselves into that corner with the intention of "going dark." But I see why they did it for logistical and tone reasons going forward and I have no beef with folks who dig the MoS ending.

Folks that didn't dig the choice in MoS: probably a lot of you left Cap 2 thinking the same way I did. Which is also respectable, and I personally understand.

Some people prefer Indian food to Chinese food. Some dig both equally. Some don't dig either. All these preferences are cool.