Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectVery good, not great (spoilers)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=116279&mesg_id=116351
116351, Very good, not great (spoilers)
Posted by SoulHonky, Fri Apr-04-14 01:16 AM
My overall global note for Marvel is that they have to be very careful moving forward because they are pretty much making everyone invincible and giving people tools to escape out of any jam. At least in James Bond they introduce whatever gadget will save the day but here people are just pulling out the magical "Cut a hole to freedom" device. Captain American can survive falls from great heights. Even mere mortals can have a helicarrier crash into a building they're on and make it out with some burns.

As for the movie, I was surprised with how little story there was and I liked most of the action although most of it was cutty and the final battle was pretty cliched and overall this film was another example of what I call: Brute Force Cinema. There was no real plan of attack; it was mostly just people storming the castle.

Still, it was more brutal than expected, had a lot of laughs, and ala The Avengers, the movie kept me entertained enough to overlook most gaps in logic.

I'd definitely recommend it but I would say that you shouldn't go in expecting one of the best superhero movies ever.