Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: the movie was not misogynist; the characters in it were.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=116032&mesg_id=116253
116253, RE: the movie was not misogynist; the characters in it were.
Posted by maternalbliss, Tue Feb-25-14 12:22 AM
>me? i'm a hard core feminist. oh no, no, no, no, no, no! Imo to be a feminist is as bad as being a misogynist. Feminism like all forms of propagand benefits nobody but the state. I am always getting into trouble here. I make what are considered to be outrageous statements and folks just think i am a loon. I stay away from us versus them philosophies.
I knew what i said would make folks on here mad, so, lol. I was not mad about the fact that wolf was so misogynist. I expected it imo the wolf is a symbol of a sexual predator. OK i am getting too deep i better stop.

everybody who has ever seen me
>post on this site for the last 14 years knows this.The feminist movement is actually a war against women. Public education is a war against children. The war on drugs is a war against black/latino men. Vegetarian versus meat eater, rich versus poor, gay versus straight all of this is bullshit. It is called divide and conquer.I can go on and on. You sure you you want me too.
>
>with that said, I. LOVED. THIS. MOVIE.
It was a solid movie but the story was not that complex or compelling. Leonardo is a very good actor. I think he has gotten in this safe zone, playing these slick criminals. I think he has the range to do more diverse roles. But you know how it is the studios want that money.

it was so completely
>well done...so many above have said it better so i won't
>detail review it.
>
>this is not a work of "fiction"...Marty didn't just create
>these characters out of his head...this is a "this is what
>happened" story.
>
>that's it.
>
>it happened...with some artistic license, yes, but generally,
>the shit happened.
I know this shit happens. The upper classes have always done this shit. Decadence, drugs and homo fratboy behavior. I am no hater.I will never understand why a dude would want to stick a candle up his behind,lol, i just can't make sense of that.....nevermind

Bliss Unchained!