Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectJustin Simien from the #ARRAY tweet-a-thon last night
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=115826&mesg_id=116028
116028, Justin Simien from the #ARRAY tweet-a-thon last night
Posted by lfresh, Thu May-28-15 10:02 AM
@JSim07 What have the discussions/feedback been like with white audiences after viewing @DearWhitePeople? #ARRAY

Justin Simien @JSim07 Fairly glowing and direct. Black folks give me HELL 😃 But the Black experience is the subject. GREAT thing. #ARRAY

@JSim07 @DearWhitePeople is one of my top 5. How long did it take shoot + how long to edit? #ARRAY

Justin Simien @JSim07 We shot that sucker in 19 days and edited in 6 weeks. With therapy and prayer I'm just about recovered. #ARRAY

Damone Williams
‏@DamoneWilliams_
.@JSim07 What do you think of the state of Black #LGBT representation in film, currently? #ARRAY.

Justin Simien @JSim07
Disappointing to say the list. Lionel in @DearWhitePeople ain't enough, but I'm just getting started #ARRAY

@neshamishle
@JSim07 @AFFRM In my opinion DWP is amazing as is...but looking back would you change anything? #ARRAY

@JSim07
Justin Simien
Yes. Wouldn't have cut Coco & Sam's scene together. Would've had more to say about positive Black Activism. #ARRAY

that last needed to be said because i saw folks got in their feelings about how that ending worked out and this was before the recent #blacklivesmatter movement
frankly watching the movie i took the view of past movements (women's rights and black civil rights) in which looking back at history personal motivations were a bitch lol and washed out of history
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.