Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: RDJ is overthinking it. just give it to tom hanks.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=115567&mesg_id=115744
115744, RE: RDJ is overthinking it. just give it to tom hanks.
Posted by SankofaII, Mon Oct-07-13 05:49 AM
>is he not allowed to play an astronaut twice in his career?
>seems like an insanely obvious choice.

who said he wasn't?

did I? I dont think I did.

I know that he was UP for the role, had it and dropped out.

I don't know if was doing the avengers and iron man movies that took him out of contention or if RDJ felt that the Kowalski (sp?) role wasn't high profile enough for him, etc. we may never know.

but, Tom hanks would have been great. They could have gotten really ANYONE that's an A list actor or on his way to being A list and it would have been fine.

the reality is that the movie was Ryan Stone's and the ultimately success of it would squarely be on the actress who got the part.

Bullock was it and she carried the movie well.

Will she get an oscar nomination? Probably. Something tells me that Meryl and Julia will cancel each other out because the studio behind August: Osage County isn't sure on HOW to campaign for them, etc.

and save for Blanchett (who I think will, as of right now, WIN for Best Actress, and it's about time cause she's consistently been giving best actress work for years...), Bullock is definitely a sure bet to get a nomination...

as for them other three slots....shit only time will tell.