Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectFucking hyperbole out the ass with this one. SPOILER
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=115567&mesg_id=115720
115720, Fucking hyperbole out the ass with this one. SPOILER
Posted by Cold Truth, Sun Oct-06-13 01:22 PM
First of all, I liked it a lot. It's an intriguing concept. As a kid, I used to wonder what it must have been like for those in the Challenger for those few seconds. Did they realize something was amiss? Was there even 10 seconds where they knew shit was going down? What would that have been like? Sure, I can imagine it would be like OMG WE'RE GONNA DIE!!!, but you can never *truly* understand what that sort of fear is like I suppose.

When Columbia broke into a million pieces, how long did they know? Was it instantaneous? So the idea of someone who is stuck up there and pretty much fucked and how the deal with that intense level of pressure is interesting to me, and they did a pretty damn good job. I can't really recall these stories being told in such a way, and that all by itself sold me. They did a superb job telling this story. I can't imagine the 3D though, because IMO it would have felt like a Universal Studios ride with all that debris. I couldn't handle that for 2 hours, personally.

It had a very gratifying ending. Had it gone another way, I would have been OK with that, but not in the same way. There came a point where I said "they better not do all that just to kill her now".

Honestly, I would have preferred to see her spend much more time just out in space without her getting into each of those space stations. I was much more curious about how they would tell a story about her just kind of floating out there. Obviously she'd have one hell of a story if this shit really went down.

It was a pretty good movie, but in the end, people are losing their shit over something that's nowhere near as good as their reactions make it out to be. From the standpoint of bwood and the way he sold it, it was a disappointment. It didn't even reach the solar system of that level of hype. Then again, what possibly could? People were so insanely hyped over the movie even the POSTER was met with orgasmic OMG!!!!!! responses.

I can definitely see the Oscar buzz for Bullock, especially with that monologue. While this was a pretty good movie, it was nowhere near the end all, be all movie to end all movies that it was made out to be. The way it was hyped by a few people here, you would have thought the movie ticket came with a billion dollars, the gift of flight, wolverines claws and healing factor, a suit of Iron Man MK 2000 armor, telepathy, telekinesis, a CIA debriefing with cold, hard, irrefutable evidence of the truth of the JFK assassination, the moon landing, Roswell, space aliens, all culminating with a sit down meeting with Jesus Christ himself in Heaven who would then explain the meaning of life and the reason for our human existence.

***I already know the usual suspects (one in particular who always does it when I'm not feeling the shit he is on the same level) will come in with some bullshit GOD DAMN WHY YOU SO MAD!!! nonsense.