Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectDjango is kind of a similar case
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=115202&mesg_id=115536
115536, Django is kind of a similar case
Posted by SoulHonky, Tue Jun-04-13 01:52 PM
Django's another good example of box office nonsense since people say it's Taratino's biggest box office smash but that's just based off of the box office take and not the actual profit. It might actually be one of Tarantino's least profitable films and there's no way it comes close to making the money that Pulp Fiction did. Yes, it's Tarantino's highest grossing film but it's also his most expensive and his most marketed.

Still, the movie made money in both domestic and foreign markets and might actually have been more profitable than MIB 3 despite the fact that it made 200 million less overall.

That being said, I never co-signed the Django posts and think that whole line of argument is idiotic and from people who are just as blinded by their Anti-Will agenda as you are by your Pro-WIll movement.

As for Jaden, I don't think I've ever said he isn't a star. But you have to be able to recognize that his starring in an original film alongside his dad and tanking isn't good for his "star". You and Basa were talking about how much the millenials were going to shock the world and you were proven wrong. This isn't to say Jaden can't easily right the ship but this is a knock against him. Acting like it isn't or that this won't hurt him at all is just being willfully ignorant. (no pun intended)