Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectAfter Earth
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=115202&mesg_id=115493
115493, After Earth
Posted by princeguy, Sun Jun-02-13 11:44 AM
To regular folk. To the brothers and sisters who just like to go to the show and watch a good movie. It's the weekend. You have a date. You want to take your lady to the show. You and your girls wanna check out a movie this weekend. Whatever your scenario looks like. No pretentiousness and no uppity "i'm in film school, so I know more than you" crap. No using unnecessary big words to establish an authoritative tone. No making you think the critic sees, hear, and know something you don't.

After Earth was a good movie. It's not a summer action blockbuster movie, but it was good. I say that because there wasn't an overwhelming level of action and loud sounds, but there was definitely some action.

Will and Jaden both do a good job. There are enough interesting things in this movie to keep you entertained and involved. There is a nice story in the movie, and there are good moments of suspense. There's nice eye candy, between the landscapes, the lush greens, and the very attractive characters in the movie, it all looks very good.

It's a nice date movie as well as a movie young people can go watch. It's a nice combination of a father and son's relationship, as well as an infusion of action. There is no romantic Love story, but there is a familial love story. If you're expecting the summer Will Smith blockbuster action movie, this isn't it. But, it's a good movie to see and watch. It has a gentle and a rough side, and it's worth the watch.