Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectBut, I mean, nobody in here is saying they don't.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=115202&mesg_id=115391
115391, But, I mean, nobody in here is saying they don't.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu May-30-13 02:40 PM
>i ain't say they sucked. i said, they make wack stuff too.

Yeah, but you're the one bringing them into play. That's the thing- nobody is saying Night Dog Sucks!! Nolan rules all!

>however, he better than them. taratino's scope is limited and
>the jig gonna be up soon.

>he was already STUCK for a decade
>before he thought up this "revenge" crap. people don't recall
>that his obit was being written in the early days of the net.
>he came back tho. good for him.

Was... and as you said, he made his comeback. Night has floundered for awhile, and he's had chances.

>and before batman saved him, nolan was destined to be
>small-time niche director.

Night had his chance with Airbender. He had a hot property that could be setting up production on a third entry as we speak and made a grand return of his own.... but he failed miserably. That was a huge fuckup on his part because that shit was awful in every way possible. He was handed a tentpole and folded. Nolan was handed a tentpole and camped the fuck out en route to superstardom. He's a legit sacred cow now.

They may not be perfect, they may do wack shit, but their movies as a whole hold up far better financially and otherwise. I think you forget how highly regrding Night was even after The Village. Lady In The Water was his death knell. Airbender was his chance and he fucked that off.

Still, you're the one turning this into an agenda post. combatting negative press and reviews with LOOK AT NOLAN! is just a diversion that avoids taking a hard look at Night.