Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectI don't agree
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=114125&mesg_id=114223
114223, I don't agree
Posted by ZooTown74, Mon Sep-30-13 02:07 PM
>First you had the big shootout, then you had them sneaking in
>and out of a house that was under police surveillance (which
>nobody here seemed to mind?)... So them ducking/phasing
>through bullets may very well be within their skill set

Well, they ducked out the back of said house, under the cover of darkness, so it's quite possible that they wouldn't have been seen... and it was around 2 in the morning, so it's not like the police surveillance would have been at their most vigilant...

And as far as ducking bullets goes, I don't buy that mainly because they're "on their home court," so to speak. Why would they necessarily feel the need to be on-guard when their at their own spot, and they're entertaining a frail nerd that they can easily dispatch of (and remember, this is the first time they've seen him since the cancer got worse for Walt)?

>I'd say Uncle Jack feeling compelled to bring out Jesse for
>Walt to see felt like the biggest stretch in the episode. It
>was like the key scene in the beginning, but instead of dumb
>luck it was with human behavior.

I agree but I'm not sure how else you could do it. I suppose Walt could have demanded to see the facilities they were using to produce their meth, and when they get there Jesse just happens to be there, but that imo that feels just as weird as: 1. Kenny and company not scanning the car, including the trunk (which, again, you kinda buy because it's frail Walt White); and 2. having each of the Nazis in the same room at the same time; 3. Uncle Jack demanding that Jesse be brought out for Walt to see.

Another route would have been to have Walt demand they bring Jesse out, since they "failed to do the job" he asked them to do...

The only thing is, I understand why it happened the way it happened, as this entire episode was pretty much the greatest hits of Walter White, Scientific Mastermind and Master Manipulator...

>The nazis have always felt a
>bit like a cheat code from the moment they were introduced.
>I'm not mad but I think in a few years we'll look back and
>consider them something of a weak point in the series.

I dunno. Plot device or no, I always thought they were there to give Walt an example of some REAL badasses/businessmen... to give Walt some flavor on what this world really was about, as opposed to the game of dress-up he put on with Heisenberg... Uncle Jack and his boyz didn't need a porkpie hat to get busy, as it were...

>We'll
>also consider this one of the best series ever so who gives a
>fuhk

but but but NOT BETTER THAN THE WIRE THIS NEEDS TO BE DISCUSSED BUCKSHOT

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
But Zootown, black people and media, so...