Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectit was a fucking perfect finale, I can't see why anyone would
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=114125&mesg_id=114213
114213, it was a fucking perfect finale, I can't see why anyone would
Posted by Bombastic, Mon Sep-30-13 02:34 AM
say a show that always tied up any & all of its loose ends over five seasons would have an issue with them doing so on a more macro scale in its swan song.

Everything about it felt true to the series, entertaining as hell & beautifully paced to the final overhead shot.

One question though on the song 'El Paso', saw it referenced by the Marty Robbins tape then played & then sung by Walt (symptomatic of him probably playing it umpteen times while driving across the country), which ep was it that featured the song the first time in the series?

Because back whenever that was I think I thought it was sort of a reference to the city where Hank had flopped as a border agent & then this time around (with the title of this ep being the woman in the song's story) it was more about Walt.

Never really listened to that song's story in linear fashion when hearing the Grateful Dead do it (and there version was really the only version I was familiar with), mostly because Bob Weir was probably just too annoying in delivering it for me to concentrate on it.

Lot of good music references in this last episode, the 'Lydia' ringtone cracked me up, never heard that cut before.

And the Badfinger closer was great.