Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: ya i think she should be able to separate her character from real life
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=113604&mesg_id=113799
113799, RE: ya i think she should be able to separate her character from real life
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sun Aug-25-13 06:32 PM

>when she's mostly
>helped that druglord.

she's spent plenty of time opposing him too.

>plus it's just weird to hate a character
>who is living in fear. why are people cheering for her
>eventual comeuppance more than walt?

Because Walt is the show. He puts asses in the seats. Skylar is cranky and expendable.

As far as people wanting her to suffer or die or hating her or whatever...I don't know. I'm not big on blogs and this is the only messageboard I frequent so I don't know how much of the majority that opinion pertains to. Is this similar to the 1% lunatic fringe that wants to see ANNA GUNN die in a pool of her own blood? Honestly, I can't say I've ever cared much about how others view a fictitious supporting tv character.

"i hate cheaters", "she
>helped walt", and "she's kinda bitchy" etc. are all awful
>explanations that don't really hold up when examined.

They're all perfectly good explanations for her not bringing something good to the table. You said it yourself...you can't find any reason why people should like her character. The convo ends there, IMO.

>cmon, she didn't know walt was in the meth business, but if
>anyone saw their significant other act the way he did for the
>months leading up to that they wouldn't just sit there and
>take it. cheating isn't really "cool" ever, but she knew
>something was up and gave him multiple chances to be honest
>with her. there's a reason she announced it to him so
>casually. it was just a move to even the scales in their
>relationship.

I'm not suggesting to fry her over it. It's merely part of her characters resume and it did nothing to endear her to the audience.

>plus the affair did lead to her two badass moments: "I fucked
>Ted" and "Did he tell you about my affair?", but i digress.

Don't see how that was badass...certainly not in the realm of cooking meth and killing drug lords, lol.