Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: ya i think she should be able to separate her character from real life
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=113604&mesg_id=113798
113798, RE: ya i think she should be able to separate her character from real life
Posted by pretentious username, Sun Aug-25-13 05:21 PM

>
>So fictitious druglords and master criminals and all around
>badass mutherfuckers have never been idolized in tv/movie/book
>history?
>

didn't even imply that. i'm just comparing these two characters. i'm fine with people liking him/not liking her, what i don't understand is why they HATE her when she's mostly helped that druglord. plus it's just weird to hate a character who is living in fear. why are people cheering for her eventual comeuppance more than walt? "i hate cheaters", "she helped walt", and "she's kinda bitchy" etc. are all awful explanations that don't really hold up when examined.

>Has Skylar pulled some cool shit in this show compared to
>Walt? She's boring, cold, bitchy, has zero sex appeal, cheated
>on Walt (before she knew about the meth, IIRC). She's a former
>accountant and her current claim to badassery is running
>Walt's dirty money through a car wash. Her character was
>written to be MEH.

cmon, she didn't know walt was in the meth business, but if anyone saw their significant other act the way he did for the months leading up to that they wouldn't just sit there and take it. cheating isn't really "cool" ever, but she knew something was up and gave him multiple chances to be honest with her. there's a reason she announced it to him so casually. it was just a move to even the scales in their relationship.

plus the affair did lead to her two badass moments: "I fucked Ted" and "Did he tell you about my affair?", but i digress.

>
>Extrapolating the 1% lunatic fringe into something much much
>bigger? Getting pissy at fans because her FICTITIOUS
>character isn't the cool kid in the lunch room? No, it's dumb
>and she comes off as whiney.

i guess i just ready it as her weighing in on an ongoing discussion, i don't think she came across as whiny.