Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: ya i think she should be able to separate her character from real life
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=113604&mesg_id=113796
113796, RE: ya i think she should be able to separate her character from real life
Posted by pretentious username, Sun Aug-25-13 03:38 PM
>>when everyone reacts SO negatively to a character that's
>>intended to inspire some sympathy
>
>I'm not sure I agree with this. Her character is not written
>to be likeable or to garner sympathy. She's lacks any
>redeeming qualities and she's an accomplice to a drug lord.

as i said earlier, the character's not likeable, but that doesn't mean she doesn't deserve some sympathy. we've seen walt grow into a monster and dwarf any bad thing she's done, trapping her in an impossible situation. and while people aren't really "cheering" for walt anymore, the anti-walt sentiment is nowhere near as strong as the anti-skyler one. walt's redeeming qualities went out the window a long time ago, yet he's still more likeable? there's something wrong with our perception of them, and it can't just be chalked up to the writing.

>You cannot attempt to rationalize the thought process of the
>1% lunatic fringe.
>
>Congrats, you've done a terrific acting job and your show is a
>monumental success. Unfortunately, this has apparently brought
>some of the crazies out. I don't think we need to focus on
>this sad minority of people.

she's just saying it affected her. what's wrong about that? and it's easier to say you shouldn't let your work affect your personal life, but that's way harder in practice, and i'm sure it's even harder when your work is seen/judged every week.