Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectI've wondered this since season 4
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=113604&mesg_id=113792
113792, I've wondered this since season 4
Posted by pretentious username, Sat Aug-24-13 11:09 AM
and i'm glad she wrote her perspective on it. i guess this is the fate of any humorless female character, but i still think people should sympathize just because of who walt is. her haters point out that she's not perfect but her crimes pale in comparison to his, and she only starts to realize the extent of walt's ego/rage in season 4. she also gets knocked down for being hypocritical or bitchy. that's fine to point out, and i agree the character isn't likeable, but those same people are probably cheering for a guy who attempted to murder a child.

in season 3 her sins added up a little (though that was really just to keep walt in check), but when walt became a full-out lunatic in season 4, people should definitely sympathize. she's stuck. if she comes forward, she's admitting to money laundering and her kids are without parents (that's if walt doesn't kill her). her only option is to stand pat when the whole thing is clearly crumbling and she has to live in fear 24/7.

i've actually heard people put themselves in skyler's shoes and say "well if i had all that money i'd just go along for the ride." no, you'd flip out if you found out that your significant other got the money from cooking meth. everyone would. especially if it was preceded by months of lying. and even with all that money, you still have to sleep next to a monster every night.