Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectMy bad I thought this was a discussion
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=113604&mesg_id=113765
113765, My bad I thought this was a discussion
Posted by buckshot defunct, Sun Aug-25-13 03:03 PM
>The point is that whomever one chooses sides with,
>it's not real and there are no real moral consequences.

So all things being equal, why are we rooting for X or Y?

That's essentially all my original post boiled down to... WHO YOU WITH. It comes up with this show every now and again. Now that we're post-Garage Scene, to me the topic feels more relevant than ever.

You're the one came in here tracking shit all over the floor so don't put that on me.

>>So rooting for *anybody* is investing a certain amount of
>>yourself into the story.
>
>To you I guess, but not to me. I love how you stay with this
>black and white perspective as though everyone watches tv the
>way you do.

Well, no, but I will cop to one assumption though: I figured that since you're here, on a message board, still discussing the episodes well beyond their run time, that maybe you were invested enough that this type of topic would interest you.

Obviously it doesn't interest you, or else you wouldn't have replied so many times.

>Maybe you're rooting for Walt by
>>default because he's the main character, or maybe there's
>>something in you that makes you want to see him win. And I'm
>>just curious to know what that thing is.
>
>That's just plain old over-analyzing it. It's a tv show. I'd
>like to see the bad guy win. It's simple. There's no deep
>seated reason for that. Cry about it.

Well hold on now, I gave you an under-analyzing option, too. If you cheer for the main character by default because that's just how stories work, that's cool too. I mean, I think it's wrong in this case, but that's an opinion, not an attack on your character.

You always like to see the bad guy win? Or is it more of a novelty thing for you for BB? Or is it something about Walter White/Bryan Cranston that makes you feel this way?

My 'Revenge of the Nerds' comment aside, I promise I couldn't be less interested in internet fights. I just like opinions.

>I love this show, I dunno about "investing myself" outside of
>my time. It's just a tv show to me.

AS YOU'VE POINTED OUT ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD NUMEROUS TIMES