Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectreally disappointed
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=111356&mesg_id=111359
111359, really disappointed
Posted by xangeluvr, Thu Jul-16-09 03:15 AM
its 1 AM so i don't want to go into a lot of detail, but i was really disappointed in this film. as also mentioned above, i tend to view #3 as where the meat of the story begins and sort of disregard the first 2. anyway, that being said, of the last 4 movies i would rank this dead last with Azkaban being at the top and the other two interchangable in the middle.

i don't have a problem with movies not being 100% faithful to the movie, nor did i have a problem with the shorter runtime (sort of). i just felt that overall the material and the movie was poorly executed. it just felt like a skeleton of a movie in which the ideas and dialogue weren't fully fleshed out and realized. because of this i had no emotional attachment to any of the characters or situations. scenes that should have been tense and scary i felt no tension, when i should have been awed i wasn't, if i should have felt pity or happy for a character there was nothing. much of this could have been fixed with a line or two of dialogue or maybe a different edit.

anyway, i'm tired and i'll try to be back with specific examples to see what you guys think.