Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectvery interesting
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=11101&mesg_id=11172
11172, very interesting
Posted by raool, Wed Feb-05-03 05:30 AM
I finally got to see the 25th Hour and I was pleasantly surprised. I definitely think it is one of Lee's best.
I particurlarly enjoyed the monologue segment showing the many faces of this modern-day Babylon they call NY.
Edward Norton was great as usual. Another poster said the secondary characters were more interesting than the main one. I'd have to agree as well. The 2 best friends were more complex than the hero who was the architype of the "good drug dealer".
Rosario Dawson was as beautiful as usual and I do see a growth in her acting range. I'll have to rent Sidewalks of New York.
Anna Paquin was quite good as the lolita. She seemed younger than in Finding Forrester and even had pimples! How old is she?
The star of the movie is definitely NY.
In the dream sequence, I think the actors chosen to portray the protagonists'children didn't have the right look. On a positive note, the kid in the bus who wrote his name on the window is the cutest kid on film ever.

Is it true that Spike Lee doens't want to make "black" movies anymore?