Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectA.K.A. The One with All the White Folk
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=11101&mesg_id=11139
11139, A.K.A. The One with All the White Folk
Posted by DawgEatah, Tue Jan-14-03 11:38 AM
Just playin'. Sorry, couldn't resist. Besides, you know that was thining the same thing.

I dig this film. I don't think it is his best work, but I will say that it is his most mature film. I think that Spike has mastered his film-matic devices and really come into his own. Damn, that sounded nerdy. But anyway, i think it is definitely worth a peep.

And the sound on that joint is ill. I love the DJ's music in the club in srround sound. Shit was bangin'. Performances were all on point. Norton is the man. His two buddies were funny as hell. Rosario was dooooooooope. Characters were cool - loved the fat russian friend character, not to mention the head cop who busts Norton... Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiit.

I feel what cats are saying about the film not being plot driven, but i think it still worked. A great character-study if anything else, and a lot of fun to watch.

Every battle is a chance to see another cat lose to me/I don't write battle raps. I write eulogies. ~Blueprint

Every dog has his day, and even more so in rhymin'/So I decided that I'd never play the fire hydrant. ~Blueprint