Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectsummed up my feelings on Rock Of Ages perfectly
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=110017&mesg_id=110096
110096, summed up my feelings on Rock Of Ages perfectly
Posted by araQual, Sun Jul-15-12 11:57 AM
the trailer told me everything, that it was guna be one long ep of GLEE. only diff being i didnt just wanna kill the cast, i wanted to kill myself as well.

call it intuition or talkn out my ass or watever, but i sat thru BURLESQUE. shit was so idiotic lol. and R.O.A looks about the same kinda craptastic predictable moofie from the trailer alone, so it was a clear sign to stay the fuck away. i find these newish musical moofies too similar to the deluge of Step Up and other assorted nauseating dance movies. when u think about it, no real diff b/w em (cept for the cast).

Longo, for someone who exhibits fairly well formed opinions on most films (and we do share a fav film in common so im not "hating" on him per se), cant divorce his love of musicals in order to recognise piss-poor movie versions of them. so be it. everyones gotta have some guilty pleasures i spose..

..but it still looks SO fucking shithouse lol.

as for "Ted", im so glad i read most of these anxious "this is guna suck" reviews before i went to see it, and was pleasantly surprised to find a highly likeable stoner buddy comedy. Wahlberg has never been THIS dopey/goofy or this non-violent. i actually think it's one of his best performances in a while. i agree Seth coulda at least changed his voice a bit more, but then i remember Ted sayn sumthn like "no i do not sound like Peter Griffin" or sumthn, that kinda kills the criticism imo. he's admitting it on film lol, which is an invitation to get the fuck over it.

i can also thank this moofie for igniting the need to watch Flash Gordon + Season 1 of T.J. Hooker lol. Ted is just a stoner comedy, which means less and less to ppl these days, but to me, is highly valued. same reason why i thought "Due Date" was fucking hilarious/underrated.

V.