Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectthe movie was funny, the usual PTP suspects can't sniff out a hit
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=110017&mesg_id=110087
110087, the movie was funny, the usual PTP suspects can't sniff out a hit
Posted by Bombastic, Tue Jul-10-12 06:44 AM
when it's staring them right in the face.

This movie shits on Black Dynamite, Life Aquatic or whatever other moderately amusing quirky film nobody saw some of y'all hyped.

That is not to say that the film is without flaws, it's got a few glaring ones.

Like seemingly every other major comedy in the 40-Year-Old Virgin era it took too long to wrap up at the end.

The Giovanni Ribisi kidnapping subplot was also completely unnecessary & not really that funny or interesting.

But there's just too many laughs in here (the hotel fight, the coke-fueled party with Flash, some of the voiceover commentary, Kunis coming home to the scene with Ted & the hookers, Tom Skerritt, etc) for that to sink the movie.

I'd imagine that will only become more true upon repeated viewings like any other good dumb-but-fun comedy.

If you don't like Family Guy at all (I only became a casual fan at best of that show once I got over it ripping off The Simpsons) then you probably won't wanna bother but otherwise it's fairly undeniable.

Longo I still can't believe you thought Rock Of Ages looked better & potentially more successful than this flick.

That was one of the worst calls I've heard from a movie buff in a long time.