Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectMeh, wasn't a total waste of time.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=108486&mesg_id=108586
108586, Meh, wasn't a total waste of time.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Jun-24-13 01:19 PM
1. Not getting the "this is a great movie!" reaction. I think there is something to the notion that there may be a generational divide. The praise heavy reaction to this movie sounds a lot like the reaction I had to the first Scream.

2. Agree with the idea that it wasn't scary enough to be a scary movie or funny enough to be a funny movie. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what the relationship between the control room and the people would be. Once it was revealed I was a bit disappointed it was so straight forward. After the first kill I wanted to fast forward past all the conventional horror movie running around and killing, to see what the movie was ultimately about. It wasn't until the elevator I was engaged again.

3. I have gained a bit more appreciation for the film with the idea that we are the ancients ones but I think they made a huge mistake in by actually showing the audience a glimpse of the ancient ones. It would have been better if the movie ended at the alter grounds crumbling.

4. Also, if the theme is audiences are lazy I take issue with that. I think Game of Thrones have proven that if you can fashion a really compelling story, the audience will go with you on all sorts of unconventional twists and turns.

5. I think Weaver was a waste and a bit superfluous because it was sufficiently spelled out what was going on. The kids had it pretty much figured out before she showed up.

Again I think I enjoyed it as a free netflix nothing else on movie. I think I might have been more disappointed if I saw it in the theater.

"naive as the dry leaves on the ground looking past the trees to the blue sky asking 'why me?'" -Blu

Why I still fuzz with the Lesson
http://open.spotify.com/user/brothersport86/playlist/3DhEhilho77Z0UCPbJlEJf