Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectEnjoyed this film.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=108325&mesg_id=108470
108470, Enjoyed this film.
Posted by denny, Sat Jan-05-13 02:50 AM
Especially liked the little details about this possible future. The drug use, the gadgets, the particular type of disintegrating social order, the global economic condition, etc.

But I'm annoyed that 'the Matrix' has created a premise-based focus in quality hollywood action flicks. Nerds are loving this shit cause they can't appreciate true storytelling and character development. I can't even think of one adjective to describe Joe as a person. All the characters are just vessels to carry the premise.

Movies like this are just as effectively described as watched. I could get just as much out of reading a synopis of this film as I could from seeing it. You have to watch 'Alien' to CARE about Ripley. You have to watch 'Jaws' to give a shit about Brody. You have to watch 'Die Hard' to give a shit about McClain. This movie doesn't have that. Neither does the Matrix, or the Batman movies, or Inception, or this one. Won't stand the test of time imo. In 15 years, this stuff will just bore people.