Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: Yes. Let's. And I have decided that your Night Catches Us beef is dumb.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=108199&mesg_id=108294
108294, RE: Yes. Let's. And I have decided that your Night Catches Us beef is dumb.
Posted by princeguy, Mon Jan-23-12 02:58 PM
You can "decide" my beef is dumb in your mind if you want. But its still just YOUR opinion. In MY opinion, the ball was dropped on Night Catches Us. It was ignored and shitted on by this board. I was vilified because I inquired about the ignoring of it. But by now, people have seen it, or can see it (Netflix) and most will be surprised this board ignored it and shitted on it. Even though Tariq did more than hold his own in the movie, with Anthony Mackie, Kerry Washington, Wendell Pierce, and The Roots handled the music. It was Directed by promising up and coming director Tanya Hamilton.

I thought it deserved to at least be mentioned and anchored ON THIS SITE. If nowhere else, THIS SITE should have at least acknowledged it. Mostly because of the healthy level of The Roots involvement in it and this being THEIR site. I've seen many movies anchored on here and discussed. But i guess Night Catches Us somehow didn't qualify.

I know you said my expectation of acknowledgement of the movie on The Roots own site was "dumb", okay, i hear your opinion. Mine is just different from yours. And i still feel the same. It should have been anchored. BTW, it's a pretty good movie.

But i guess if YOU decide that it should have been ignored, then it should have been. YOU decided my disagreement with it being ignored on this board is dumb. Well, then, I decided your support for ignoring it was dumb. If that's your thing, then peace be with you. There's room for everyone. But, some regular, sensible, down to earth, moviegoers are going to start responding, and it should be okay. I shouldn't be attacked and discredited because I don't agree with you and Frank all the time.