Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjecti agree with all of this
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=107551&mesg_id=107615
107615, i agree with all of this
Posted by SankofaII, Mon Nov-12-12 01:00 PM
Naomie Harris: i know folk are hyping up Berenice Marlohe as being the "sexier" of the two, but folk are cray if they didn't see how sexy Harris was from start to finish...and i think you will have to fight for your Harris love since I know a *LOT* of dudes who would put in that WORK for Naomie.

Berenice Marlohe (Severine): yea i didn't get the nervous ticks either. I didn't get the impression she was an addict at all..it was weird. I liked her, I just wish she had more to do. Her character was being set up as (at least to me), as someone who may have been with Silva, but had her own agenda. What that was, we never learned since she was taken out so quickly. And, she and Craig had *ZERO* chemistry. I wasn't buying *NONE* of that.

But, I was buying it between Harris and Craig (when she was shaving him, they looked like they could have *EASILY* destroyed that whole room fucking for real..)

M and Craig: interesting way to take Judi Dench out of the series. I loved her as M and dug her chemistry with Craig. I'm sad that she's ending her career to treat her eye disease, she will be sorely missed. She truly is one of the GOAT's

Javier Bardem: cartoonish, but fun as hell. I dug his chemistry with Craig (and the "buzzed" about homoeroticism: cleverly played and shot.with the crotch shot and Javier was already on his knees lol. I thought it was an interesting screenwriting/character choice to drop the insinuation that both Bond and Silva (Silva moreso) were bi...but it was done in a way that was it was a clear back and forth between the two...I dug it. I know they'll never go there with Bond, but if they did, Craig would be the one Bond who'd be game about it, i think).

The New Q: I liked that Q is younger and I dig Ben Whishaw's slight, sexually ambiguous ass for real (he was great as Frobisher in Cloud Atlas also).

Gareth Mallory/The New "M": Dug Ralph (or is it Rafe?) Fiennes in this role. It was brief but I think he'd make for a great M

All in all, really good and solid Bond and i'm looking forward to the next two with Daniel Craig.